Saturday, August 13, 2011

A trip to Berlin Part 1: Prenzlauerberg

Come on with me on a trip to Berlin. I was born there and some times I am travelling back south to see it.
Berlin Kastanienallee

Berlin Art everywhere

This is Prenzlauerberg, a district in the former eastern part of town. Now it’s young, trendy, full of art. Or vandalism? Or art?!?

Berlin Graffititor

Berlin Kastanienallee 2
Capitalism kills, destroys, normalizes.

Berlin Kastanienallee 3

Art and politics, self made life, raising children, going to the wholefood store, sitting in a café...

Berlin Kastanienallee 4

Kitsch, art and a bit of nature, as it should be.

Berlin Kastanienallee 5

Berlin Kastanienallee 6
Love the book postcard: "My life" is written on it.

Berlin Kastanienallee 8

Berlin Schönhauserallee
Schönhauser Allee. Now I am driving from Prenzlauerberg to Mitte. (Yes, that’s the name of the district, simply „Middle“.)
Berlin Weinmeisterstr. U Bahn
The Underground station with an interesting exhibition.
Berlin Weinmeisterstr. U Bahn 2

More about "Mitte" tomorrow.

Btw: Today, August 13, 2011, 50 years ago my grandfather was waking up, went to his little shop and can't believe it. The bridge he lived by ended at a wall, that hasn't been there the night before.
The Berlin Wall.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos!
    Love all the art on the walls :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. I've never been to Berlin.
    I'm considering joining your paper exchange project. Just need to decide if I can make the commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed looking at all of your photos, especially all of that interesting street art. I LOVE how you describe your grandfather's experience of the Berlin Wall...incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubbie is going to Berlin next month. Thanks for the tips on what he might go visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having never been to Berlin I really appreciate tagging along with you. And your ending note about your grandfather...very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. more fantastic photos...super to see!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...